Traffic Engineering & ITS Project Manager
Sabra, Wang & Associates, Inc. has an opening for a Traffic Engineering & ITS Project Manager in our Columbia, Maryland office.
Duties of the position:
- Delivery of complete traffic engineering and ITS projects including of traffic analyses, engineering reports, civil and electrical design, public meetings and presentations, bid ready design plans, specifications and cost estimates
- Manage budgets and agreements to ensure project schedule completion on time and within budget
- Lead, mentor and supervise junior engineers, traffic engineers, analysts, and designers by providing technical guidance for successful project completion
- Assisting with technical proposals and business development
- Perform traffic modeling and simulation studies using Synchro, CORSIM, VISSIM, and HCS
- Prepare design plans for traffic control devices (signals, signing, lighting, pavement markings and ITS)
- Prepare technical reports
- Prepare and deliver presentations at technical meetings
- Coordinate with clients and other consultant firms to ensure the successful completion of assignments.
Knowledge, Skills & Minimum Requirements:
- 7-10 years of experience in leading technical teams, and writing technical proposals
- Professional Engineer (preferably Maryland)
- PTOE Certification preferred
- BS Civil Engineering (or related Engineering field)
- Proficiency in MicroStation or AutoCAD
- Proficiency in Synchro and HCS
- Thorough knowledge of the MUTCD and Highway Capacity Manual
- Experience in Traffic Signal Design and Traffic Analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid Driver’s License with proven clean driving record
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Benefits include 3 weeks leave time, profit sharing 401K, Bonus, and 100%
paid medical, vision, dental, life, and disability insurance (individual)
Please send or email your resume and cover letter in response to position number K1701 to:
Sabra, Wang & Associates, Inc.
Attention: Malinda Haggerty
Human Resources Manager
7055 Samuel Morse Drive, Suite 100
Columbia, MD 21046
Click here to e-mail your resume.