Civil Project Engineer
Sabra, Wang & Associates, Inc., (SWA) specializes in civil and highway engineering, structural engineering and utility design, transportation planning and traffic engineering, construction engineering inspection and materials lab testing. Successful candidates will work with our Highway & Civil Engineering Director on various projects throughout Maryland, DC, VA, PA and DE.
- Site and roadway design related to transportation infrastructure including horizontal & vertical alignments, cross sections, site grading, storm drainage and stormwater management (SWM), and erosion & sediment control
- Design documents from initial concept to final design and construction documents
- Design computations and reports
- Manage subconsultants in coordination with other departments
- Preparation of construction specifications and cost estimates
- Prepare permit applications to obtain drainage, stormwater management and erosion & sediment control permits
- Directs and mentors design engineers
- Manage design projects and staff
- Prepare progress reports, and manage project budget and schedules
- Coordinates with clients, and attends project review meetings
- Prepares task scope and fee proposals
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
- Assists Director in preparing technical proposals and pursuing design work
Knowledge, Skills & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited University
- Active Professional Engineer license (DC or Maryland preferred)
- 10+ years of related design experience
- Experienced with hydrology and open channel hydraulics, stormwater management, storm drain, and erosion & sediment control design related to site/roadway projects
- Well versed with AASHTO, DDOE, DOEE, MDOT SHA, MDE and Local municipalities design guidelines, standards and manuals
- Experienced with design software, such as TR-55, TR-20, Flow Master, HY8, Culvert Master, StormCAD, etc.
- Proficient in Microstation and AutoCad
- Experience with bridge hydraulics and stream restoration preferred
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Benefits include 3 weeks leave time starting, Profit Sharing 401K, Discretionary Bonus, Wellness Plan, 100% paid Medical, Vision, Dental, Life & Disability insurance for full time employees (individual coverage).
Please send or email your resume and cover letter in response to position number S1807 to:
Sabra, Wang & Associates, Inc.
Attention: Connie Ashy, Human resources
7055 Samuel Morse Drive, Suite 100
Columbia, MD 21046
Click here to e-mail your resume.