Corridor Growth Management Plan
Anne Arundel County, MD - 2012
- Parking Inventory / Utilization
- Parking Demand Analysis
- Traffic Operations
- Parking / Curbside Management
- GIS Mapping
- Stakeholder outreach
Sabra & Associates, Inc. led a comprehensive effort to prepare of a corridor improvement plan for thirteen high-volume corridors in Anne Arundel County, MD. Work efforts include:
- Documenting existing conditions including AADT, level of service, transit service and ridership, and geometric characteristics.
- Developing GIS inventory and base mapping including public utilities (water, sewer, storm drains), topography (200’ contours), environmental features (wetlands, streams, forest stands, critical areas), land use (zoning), bicycle and pedestrian facilities, park and rides, and bus and rail transit routes
- Developing and refined a travel demand model for each corridor and projected future travel demand. Evaluated O-D patterns, HBW trips, and corridor travel sheds.
- Collaborating with regional, state and local stakeholders, as well Citizen Advisory Committee for input.
- Developing and tested alternative transportation network scenarios including widening, managed lanes, bus rapid transit and rail.
- Identified sketch level transit routing, nodes, stations, intermodal connections, service span, headways, priority treatments and envelopes
- Evaluated travel sheds and origin-destination patterns
- Prepared conceptual footprint needs based on optimal modal configuration and station identification.
- Identified strategies including transportation demand management and funding sources.
- Developed annual operating cost and capital cost estimates for new roadway and transit improvements